Designing a Design System
Synchronizing design teams with engineering teams is a huge challenge.
As teams scale, new growing pains start around how to properly align colors and other design details between teams, in a uniform way.
This talk will feature our very own story on how we solved this problem at Gett using existing tooling we had (Zeplin, CI Systems) as well as a custom automation solution we named Prism, allowing to generate design-specific code for different developer platforms, based on the design team’s style guide and design system.
In this talk you’ll learn:
– What are the pains of Design & Dev teams?
– What are some existing solutions? How do they fall short?
– What do you have to gain by solving this problem for your team? Does it have a high enough ROI?
– Take routine tasks – Automate them.
– Prism – a Swift-based CLI to generate complete color and text styles code sheets from existing Design Systems.
– Explain the full flow of how this system works – from the design team building a new feature, to how they push this new code to the dev team.
– The future evolution of this Design System solution.
– How can you apply this technique to your own company?